Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Prompt for February 13

For my iPaper, I will be researching to dangers of online bullying, sexual solicitation, and harrassment, and how it can effect the people involved. Many fights and sexual harrassment cases that are happening now in schools and other places have started mostly with what was said on someone's MySpace or Facebook. When I watch the news sometimes, I cannot get away from the daily topics of people involved in fights, put in the hospital or jail, or even killed becasue of something that happened on the online profiles. Words are worth a thousand words and I going to find out more about this issue and also how it has effected me in school as well.
The question I will be asking is "How what is said on online profiles can effect the lives of people and those who are involved and what can be done to stop it?". You always hear about the stories about teachers or students or other individuals who have been effected badly by this sweeping addiction of profiles and blogs but you never really hear about how it could have been prevented.
When I write this paper, I would to learn about online profiles, and how we can prevent online bullying and assults once and for all. Also, I want to research more cases that involve this issue and how it effected its victims.
This topic matters so much to me because it has effected many people I know and I am so glad that bounced back from the problems that they were faced with because it could have led to something even worse. Me writing this paper is chance to show that online bullying is a real issue and it needs to be stopped because it could happen at any time, in any place to anyone.
I hope when I get started on this iPaper you will be enjoying revising as well as reading it.

1 comment:

April Patrick said...

This sounds like a fascinating topic. There have been quite a few major news stories about online bullying/harassment over the past year or so. The research question seems to be a bit broader and a bit different than your initial description of your topic. But I think your research will help to focus your paper.